Thursday, August 07, 2008

stained glass cookies





I love almond extract flavoring so I made the cookie recipe that comes on the back of the box and decorated them with a clear glaze. They look like stained glass to me. I also made three cakes with the recipe on allrecipes.com's recipe of the day. It was a lemon cake, but it only called for lemon extract so I made three with three different extracts: orange, lemon and almond and covered them all with a colored basic glaze(<- I actually added a squeeze of corn syrup, a little almond flavoring and more milk). I had to substitute regular flour for cake flour and powdered sugar for regular because we were pretty much out. Still, I was happy with the results and of course the lemon was my favorite. With the glaze the orange cake tasted like those orange pillsbury rolls.




No comments: